HOME | ORDER | PAYMENT | OUR POLICY | LINKS
Welcome to the Travel list. If you are looking for particular books not listed please e-mail me at email@example.com as I have others in stock and do receive new ones in.
Please quote stock reference number (s) when ordering.
Please refer to the HOME page for contact details.
251. : Various Ward Locks.Large quantity of Ward Lock guides for different areas of the U.K. Please let us know which areas are of interest and a list for you will follow.
249. : The Living City - A new view of the city of London.Corporation of London, 1966 Presentation copy to a Major- General. Large format with dust jacket. Price clipped, colour and b/w photos showing what London looked like in the mid-60's. £8.00
240. : 50 Great Journeys.Odhams Books, 1968. First Edition edited by John Canning covering lots of epic journeys throughout history written by different travel writers. No dust jacket, blue cloth, foxing on endpapers with very good contents. £5.00
252. : Various travel ephemera.Masses of brochures, guide books, ephemera relating to various countries - please tell me your interests and relevant list for you will follow.
247. : Picturesque England : Its Landmarks & Historic Haunts.London: Frederick Warne, 1894 Compiled by L. Valentine, features 140 wood engravings and full page coloured plates. 512 pages plus ads, red cloth cover frayed at edges, marked on back, but contents very good and a truly delightful book on England of the late Victorian age. £38.00
241. Courtenay, Ashley: Let's Halt Awhile.London : Simpkin Marshall, 1947 Cloth cover worn, but contents clean. This is a personal list of recommended hotels, inns and guest houses throughout the U.K. This also includes a letter from the writer to the Houston Line asking for this to be stocked on their ships, as Cunard have already done so. £12.00
250. Engelmann, Franklin: The British Scene.London: Country Life, 1966 Very large format First Edition with green cloth and contents very good with lots of colour and b/w photos. £7.00
893. ----: Far Off Part 1 - Asia Described.Hatchards, 1882. Small, gilt spine and cover. Fascinating chapters on India, China, Japan and Arabia. 550 pages, map complete, lovely book from a different age. £45.00
892. ------: Far Off Part 2 - Oceania, Africa and America.Longmans, Green & Co., 1901. Small octavo, 650 pages, gilt decorated spine, 7 large coloured folding maps. Tear & some staining on endpapers, but amazing chapters from a different age. £35.00
1367. Hall, Basil Captain:: Account of a Voyage of Discovery to the West Coast of Corea and the Great Loo-Choo Island ( images available )London: John Murray, 1818: First edition, 8 plates including 6 coloured, 5 engraved maps mainly folding, worn cloth, loose leaves at front. Marvellous account of expedition to little known East China Sea and the Yellow Sea. Visits were made to Korea and the Ryukyu Archipelago and this book is usually priced at £2-3000 £1250.00
239. Laughlin, Clara E.: You're Going to Scandinavia !U.S. : Houghton Mifflin, 1937 First U.S. Edition of travel book to Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Worn blue cloth with very good contents and no inscriptions. £6.00
246 Macauley, J: Rural Rambles - 60 Country Walks.Manchester Evening Chronicle, 1933 Soft back Guide book for hikers covering Lancs., Derbyshire, Yorks, Cheshire and North Staffs. Wear and tear, but great fun for ramblers everywhere !. £4.00
243. Mee, Arthur: Warwickshire.London : Caxton, 1949 First Edition with tears at bottom of dust jacket, otherwise very good. £15.00
236. Michael, Charles D.: James Hannington of East AfricaPickering & Inglis, c1933 Story of Bishop Hannington of Uganda, who gave his life to aid the people of Central Africa. Cover marked, but spine intact. Sunday school presentation issue dated 1934. Contents complete, but shows age. £5.00
673. Pasteur, Violet M: Gods and Heroes of Old Japan.Kegan Paul, 1906. First Edition decorated by Ada Galton. Wear on pictorial cloth, contents very good. Wonderful book with 4 coloured plates & illustrations throughout. £135.00
235. Post van der, Laurens: Journey into Russia.London: Hogarth Press, 1964. First Edition ( 2nd impression ), very tatty dust jacket, otherwise very good contents with no inscriptions and map intact. £6.00
891. ------: The Indians of North America.London: Religious Tract Society, c1860. Small, fascinating book with gilt on spine, edges and cover. Inscription, 296 pages, lovely item, priced to sell. £40.00
998. Sucksdorff, Astrid Bergman:: Tooni - The Elephant Boy:Collins, 1971: Lovely photos and very good contents. Dust jacket shows Tooni and his father on elephant. Tooni's father is a mahout in the famous Kaziranga Game Sanctuary in Assam and much information about the sanctuary and village life. £12.00
Back to Top